Thursday, November 18, 2010

Got myself a Wii !

About two years ago I owned a Wii for a 3 week period. Only game I really played was Zelda on it but shortly after I was offered a price I couldn't refuse for it (this was during the Wii shortages) so I sold it. Coming back to the present my girlfriend began mentioning how much she wanted to play Just Dance 2... so I think what the heck lets get a Wii then. This has ended up being one of my happier decisions in quite sometime so far.



The Wii has an amazing knack for bringing in people who wouldn't normally play video games and making them fall in love with them (must like my girlfriend). I ended up picking it up for Just Dance 2 (which I surprisingly even enjoy) and have fallen in love with the console myself. I have had an Xbox 360 since launch and having a Wii to complement it really helps to allow me to experience all types of games. I was always rather disappointed in the diversity of 360 titles but now that I have the Wii it doesn't seem to matter as much anymore.

When I purchased the system I grabbed two games for myself and one for my girlfriend (Just Dance 2). The two games I purchased were Zack and Wiki: Quest for Barbaro's Treasure and Little Kings Story. Two games which had good reviews and were very different from the average game you will find on the Xbox 360. They were also at the top of my list because I was able to purchase each of them for less than $15. I have about 3 hours in Zack and Wiki and 1 hour in Little Kings Story and so far I am loving both. Zack and Wiki is a point and click adventure puzzle/adventure game which brings me back to my early years of loving Monkey Island so I have loved every second of it and Little Kings Story allows me to build my own kingdom along with an Overlord style combat system which I have thoroughly enjoyed so far!

As mentioned above I am still at the infancy of all the games but so far I am loving them. I will be sure to give more feedback when I complete each game. So far I am simply enjoying the ride of playing some different styles of games.

No comments:

Post a Comment